Richard told us what it’s like at the Chiapas Project, the Catholic Worker Farm he runs in Mexico. His visual picture of their life their was incredibly poignant; he also mentioned the new website with the misspelled domain name: http://www.thechiapasproject.com/
Jim talked about Isis and the U.S. destabilization of the Middle East as well as the rest of the world.
It’s the Empire, Stupid with Phil Farrugio
In this new segment our regular columnist Phil Farruggio presents his thoughts on a different topic every week.
Keith talked world events, militarization of police, and Food Not Bombs.
Chuck Gregory and Mike Palecek
I opened with Trouble Every Day, a great Frank Zappa song that feels like it was written yesterday instead of in the ’60s. Mike and I did a number of great segments:
- The new daytime TV game show that’s sweeping the nation … “Beheaded & Buried At Sea” …
- “Sitting On The Floor At Ward Cleaver’s Feet, Listening To Ward Cleaver”
- “On Babushka Kalashnikov’s Korner: The View From My Piroshki Kart.”
- What a wonderful world
- The view from Uncle Bill’s Front Porch
- A review of today’s news from the eye of the blizzard, pulled from The Nuclear Resister
- Notes we have been receiving from listeners … by email, chat room, telephone, telepathy and telegraph
- The Big Lebowski on David Cameron wanting to deal with “non-violent extremists” as harshly as with ISIS
- A receipt for $1,000 and a note from Bunny Lebowski about the UN resolution paving the way to open-ended “anti-terror” warfare against the Islamic State (IS), the “network of death”, promising a war that will “last for years”
- The News from Mount Liberty, where we resurrected one of Jack Robert King’s radio columns, very powerful stuff.
Jim is a monthly columnist appearing the second week of each month. James Henry Fetzer (born December 6, 1940) is a philosopher of science and conspiracy theorist. Since the late 1970s, Fetzer has worked on assessing and clarifying the forms and foundations of scientific explanation, probability in science, philosophy of mind, and philosophy of cognitive […]
Phil is a weekly guest on our show. Philip A Farruggio is son and grandson of Brooklyn, NYC longshoremen. He is a free lance columnist (found on WorldNewsTrust.com, TheSleuthJournal.com, Information Clearing house, Op Ed News, Dandelion Salad, Activist Post, Dissident Voice and many other sites worldwide). Philip works as an environmental products sales rep and […]
Co-founder and co-host of the show, Chuck lives in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with his wife Lorraine and assorted exotic pets. He was fortunate to attend Friends Central School in the late ’60s to hone the already strong core beliefs instilled in him by his parents Wayne Lawrence and Marjorie Mock Gregory. His education continued at […]
Co-founder and co-host of the show, Mike Palecek is a writer who lives in Saginaw, Minnesota, west of Duluth. He is a former federal prisoner for peace; was the Iowa Democratic Party candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives, 5th District in the 2000 election, gaining 65,000 votes on an anti-war platform in a conservative […]