Steve read a poem titled “The Box Elder Bug” in which he pondered the posturing of people, the assumption that bugs are always pests to be exterminated, and how “homo satanicus” destroys life all over the planet. Fascinating discussion ensued.
Karen discussed some current news that made here mad. Among the topics were the militarization of law enforcement, the fact that Square will not process sales of guns, and other indications that we are not where we want to be.
It’s the Empire, Stupid with Phil Farrugio
In this new segment our regular columnist Phil Farruggio presents his thoughts on a different topic every week. This week it was The Long Con.
Michael continued reading from “Brave New World Order” and then discussed 100,000 Poets for Change. He’s the Denver area coordinator for that activist event that took place on September 27 in cities all over the world.
Chuck Gregory and Mike Palecek
I opened with “We Are Here” by Alicia Keyes, and Mike and I presented a number of segments:
- It’s A Neo-Con World After All
- On Babushka Kalashnikov’s Korner
- The view from Uncle Bill’s Front Porch:
“It’s A Beautiful Day In The Empire.”
- Some news Lori Price and Citizens For Legitimate Government:
Suspicions Run Deep in Iraq (and Elsewhere) That C.I.A. and the Islamic State Are United
- Some notes from listeners … by email, chat room, telephone, telepathy and telegraph
- From Wilma in Bedrock: Secrecy is the enemy of the truth
- From Ed, in Sullivan, Ohio: I Believe Paul Mccartney Died In 1966
- And from Allen the Alien, on his way to Alpha Centauri for milk and bread: 40 million Scots weren’t allowed to vote in the referendum that ended up with a broad 10% “No” majority
- The News from Mount Liberty, in which Charlie starts to understand how serious things are at the insane asylum and contemplates escape.
Philip A Farruggio is son and grandson of Brooklyn, NYC longshoremen. He is a free lance columnist (found on WorldNewsTrust.com, TheSleuthJournal.com, Information Clearing house, Op Ed News, Dandelion Salad, Activist Post, Dissident Voice and many other sites worldwide).
Philip works as an environmental products sales rep and has been an activist leader since 2000. In 2010 he became a local spokesperson for the 25% Solution Movement to Save Our Cities by cutting military spending 25%.
See Full Bio: http://newdream.us/person/phil-farruggio/
Co-founder and co-host of the show, Chuck lives in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with his wife Lorraine and their pet rat Lucy.
Chuck has done the engineering for the show since June 2012 when we moved to Blog Talk Radio from our first host, Black Op Radio. His first activism was in the late ’60s when groups from Friends Central School went to Washington for several Marches, both for Civil Rights and against the Vietnam War.
See full bio: http://newdream.us/person/chuck-gregory/
Co-founder and co-host of the show, Mike Palecek is a writer who lives in Saginaw, Minnesota, west of Duluth.
He is a former federal prisoner for peace; was the Iowa Democratic Party candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives, 5th District in the 2000 election, gaining 65,000 votes on an anti-war platform in a conservative district; is a former award winning reporter, editor, publisher in Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota.
See full bio: http://newdream.us/person/mike-palecek/